Friday, May 11, 2012

Golf Course Design

Indicator 2: Students can comprehend and fluently read text.
 (Analysis) 11.R.2.1 Students can analyze how diction affects the interpretation of text.
(Application) 11.R.2.2 Students can read fluently to comprehend grade-level text.

For the last 20% Time project of the junior year, I decided to do one of my senior project ideas: golf course design. I decided to do this for a 20% Time project instead of a senior project because I wanted to branch off from golf for the senior projects.

For the reading portion, I read some research and some helpful tips from Nicklaus Design. They also had a Step-by-Step procedure http://www.nicklaus.com/design/plan_documents.php. For more research, I will keep searching the site. And for the writing portion, I will write/fill out a form that is involved in the Step-by-Step procedure.

So far, I have designed the second nine holes on my father's golf course: Northern Links. We opened Northern Links in 1997/98, and hopefully in the future, we look to expand to 18 holes--reasoning for my picking of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment