Friday, May 11, 2012

Crazy Horse continued...


For my 20% blog time I decided to extend the idea of my research paper (the indigenous Indian tribes in the 1800-1900s) by researching more about this new Native American culture. I read many quotes of both chiefs and modern Native Americans, watched pow wow videos and listened to music, and unfortunately read and saw the devastation affecting reservations. However, for my presentation I plan on explaing who Crazy Horse was, and why there's a 600ft by 530 ft (ish) unfinished sculpture collecting dust in SoDak.
Indicator 5: Students can access, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate informational texts.
 (Analysis) 11.R.5.1 Students can analyze factors that influence the credibility of informational sources.
I will be synthesizing information from probably two sources, and expanding on what I comprehend about how this monumental sculpture is a symbol for the new assimilated Native American culture, which is an indirect follow-up to what my junior research paper was about.

I accomplished exactly what I wanted to with this small project, and I plan on expanding on this idea over summer by attending Native American festivals or pow wows.

No comments:

Post a Comment